Mainline Construction Ltd. is seeking an experienced Scraper Operator. The Scraper Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the scraper equipment and must be familiar with aspects of road construction.
- Operate the scraper and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Determine speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities
- Class 5 license; clean abstract
- Minimum 3 –5 years’ experience within the Construction Industry
- 2 –3 years’ experience operating a scraper is required
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.