Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd, is seeking an experienced Pipelayer for underground water and sewer pipeline projects in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
For candidates who have to relocate to Grande Prairie for the season, we will arrange travel from your home base to Grande Prairie and offer a live out allowance. $1000 completion bonus at the end of the season!
What you will be doing:
- General labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
- Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling.
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, variety of heavy construction equipment and a variety of new and salvage materials.
- Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in underground pipe laying.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends.
- Knowledge of pipe laying techniques.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Driver’s Abstract required)
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Pre employment drug and alcohol testing required
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages and benefits. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.