Mainline Construction Ltd, is seeking and experienced pipelayer. Reporting to the foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will:
•Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
• Work independently completing straight forward tasks as pertaining to the process of laying pipe on line and grade.
• Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs.
• Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
• Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
• Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, variety of heavy construction
equipment and a variety of new and salvage materials.
• Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in underground pipe laying.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends.
- Knowledge of pipe laying techniques.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Driver’s Abstract required)
- Pre employment drug and alcohol testing required
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages and benefits. Applicants must be willing to submit to substance testing as these are safety sensitive positions.