Reporting to the Foreman, a Laborer is responsible for providing a physical labor support during all phases of construction and production. The Laborer provides a broad range of support in areas, such as, hand work, moving materials, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite.
• Manually remove large rocks and debris turned up by graders and other heavy equipment, ensuring all revealed rocks and debris are clear before equipment makes further passes.
• Execute traffic control plans by placing, removing, covering and uncovering traffic control signs, cones, barricades and other traffic control devices. Direct traffic when necessary.
• Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
• Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel and other construction materials for padding or setting concrete structures.
• Shoveling test holes by locating markers/flags and quarantine any exposed pipes. Mark test holes with stakes, paint or ribbon.
• Ensure worksite is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage.
• Shovel around live utilities to expose without damaging.
• Operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, and skid steer as required
• Other construction and general labor related duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience within the Oilfield construction industry
- 2 – 3 years’ experience operating a Dozer is required
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.