Mainline Construction Ltd. is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment operators with Class 3 Q for full-time, seasonal positions with our Grading & Oilfield division in Grande Prairie, AB.
What you will be doing: Reporting to a Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Operator is is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a variety of equipment and must be familiar with aspects of road construction and compaction of soil and granular material.
- Operate a Packer, Water truck and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings while operating on public roadways.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment.
- Have truck loaded, check for oversized material, and bring to the proper stockpile
- Understand ground disturbance challenges while operating
- Coordinates truck activities with the excavator and other truck operators
- Operate other heavy equipment and perform other construction related duties as required
- Communicate on work plans with a supervisor to ensure safe and efficient movement of materials.
- Oversee safety of other workers and report safety issues to a supervisor.
- Report any irregularities in materials being delivered or obtained.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities
- Class 1 or class 3Q license; clean abstract
- Minimum 3 –5 years’ experience within the Construction Industry
- 2 –3 years’ experience operating heavy equipment such as Water truck, Packer or Hoe is required
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.