Mainline Construction (a Volker Stevin Canada company) is now hiring an experienced Grader Operator with GPS for seasonal hourly positions in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
What you will be doing: Reporting to a Foreman, a Grader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the self-propelled motor grader. The Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surfaces, to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings while operating Grader on public roadways.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate other heavy equipment and perform other construction related duties as required
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Driver’s License; clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience within the Oil field construction industry.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience operating a Grader is required.
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.